We require a Permanent Part time Rehabilitation Physician (0.5 FTE) to work across acute and subacute wards at the Golf Links Road Rehabilitation Unit and Frankston Hospital. The Rehabilitation Physician will be working with a multidisciplinary team supported by a Registrar. The position will be located primarily at Frankston Hospital with acute patient consultation through the Acute Rehabilitation Program(ARP), assessments at Frankston Hospital (SAAS) and managing patients with our Better at Home Program.
Better at Home aims to provide as much care as is safely possible, outside a bed-based environment by broadening the scope of its home-based services, addressing service gaps and enhancing and integrating these services to result in a more seamless response for patients, their families and carers.
Better @Home has three main work streams:
- Journey-to-Home – pathways of care to and from hospital that reduce the reliance on a bed-based service,
- Care @Home – services that provide care outside a bed-based service,
- Stay @Home – services that help keep people well and remaining at home.
This role will also be required to participate in the unit rotating roster and on-call duties, as required.
- Provide high quality evidence based clinical care within the designated scope of practice
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by monitoring services and practice
- Lead and manage junior staff to achieve optimum health outcomes
- Be aware of and work in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
For more information and a position description please click here
To apply for this job please visit peninsula.mercury.com.au.