Rehabilitation Registrar – Sub Acute Medicine
Northeast Health Wangaratta
Reference # 6KFT6
• Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
• 86 hours per fortnight
• 5 February 2024 to 2 February 2025
Victorian Public Health Sector – Doctors In Training Enterprise Agreement 2022 – 2026
Registrar Year 1 – Year 6+ HM25-30 (Base salary $116,000 – $159,000)
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the major regional health service of 255 beds and specialist referral centre for northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 90,000 and has nearly 29,000 Emergency Department attendances a year. NHW provides a wide range of acute specialist medical and surgical services including an emergency department, critical care unit, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics and specialised aged care, community rehabilitation, and inpatient, community, aged and psycho- geriatric mental health services. There is also a broad range of community health services and NHW auspices a number of other regional services in post acute care, palliative care and infection control.
The duties of this position are to be performed with adherence to the purpose and values of Northeast Health Wangaratta’s strategic plan and compliance with the Code of Behaviour for staff of Northeast Health Wangaratta.
The position would suit a trainee doctor with General Registration as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA and be PGY3 or above with an interest in Sub Acute medicine, looking to grow their confidence in patient
management both in the inpatient and community setting.
Wangaratta is surrounded by beautiful countryside, the Alps and wineries, with a host of recreational and
lifestyle choices on offer. It has excellent schools and is just 45 minutes from Albury or two hours freeway driving from Melbourne.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees.
• RACP and AFRM accredited
• GP registrars and non-accredited candidates fulfilling selection criteria are welcomed
Essential criteria to be eligible to apply:
• Have General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
• Minimum of PGY3 or above
• Ability to comply with the “Behavioural Outcomes” for this role (listed in PD)
• A current National Police Check (within the last 12 months)
• A current Working with Children Check (renewed every 5 years)
• Demonstrated commitment to rural/regional practice
• Covid vaccinated – 2 doses + 1 booster
• Candidates with experience with Sub-acute Medicine
• Registration with the RACP or Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) is preferable
Applying for the role:
• Enquiries can be made with Medical Workforce at email@example.com
• Confirmation of full Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required upon application
• A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
• Applications must address the key selection criteria from the PD
• To apply for this position hit Apply Now/Join Now or head over to our careers page at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
• All additional documents can be uploaded within the application after filling in the key criteria
• Applications close Friday. 23rd of June 2023
Interviews will only be offered to shortlisted applicants. A referee assessment form will be sent to shortlisted applicants to have completed prior to interview (two clinical reference reports required). Interviews will be held at Northeast Health Wangaratta.
To apply for this job please visit www.livehire.com.