Full Time, Fixed Term Contract 86 hours per fortnight
6 February 2023 to 4 February 2024 Reference #3030
Victorian Public Health Sector – Doctors In Training Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
Registrar Year 1 – Year 6+ HM25-30 (Base salary $116,000 – $159,000)
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the major regional health service of 208 beds and specialist referral centre for northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 90,000 and has nearly 19,000 inpatient episodes and 23,000 Emergency Department attendances a year. NHW provides a wide range of acute specialist medical and surgical services including an emergency department, critical care unit, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics and specialised aged care, community rehabilitation, and inpatient, community, aged and psycho-geriatric mental health services. There is also a broad range of community health services and NHW auspices a number of other regional services in post acute care, palliative care and infection control.
The duties of this position are to be performed with adherence to the purpose and values of Northeast Health Wangaratta’s strategic plan and compliance with the Code of Behaviour for staff of Northeast Health Wangaratta.
The position would suit a trainee doctor with General Registration as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA and be PGY3 or above with an interest in Sub Acute medicine, looking to grow their confidence in patient management both in the inpatient and community setting.
Wangaratta is surrounded by beautiful countryside, the Alps and wineries, with a host of recreational and lifestyle choices on offer. It has excellent schools and is just 45 minutes from Albury or two hours freeway driving from Melbourne.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees. Job Opportunities People & Culture
(03) 5722 5737 // email@example.com // PO Box 386, Wangaratta 3676 // www.nhw.org.au
• RACP and AFRM accredited
• GP registrars and non-accredited candidates fulfilling selection criteria are welcomed
Essential criteria to be eligible to apply:
• Have General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
• Minimum of PGY3 or above
• Ability to comply with the “Behavioural Outcomes” for this role (listed in PD)
• A current National Police Check
• A current Working with Children Check (renewed every 5 years)
• Demonstrated commitment to rural/regional practice
• Candidates with experience with Sub-acute Medicine
• Registration with the RACP or Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) is preferable
Applying for the role:
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 Vaccination required upon application
- Enquiries can be made with Rowena Gould on 03 5722 5066 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A PD for this role can be downloaded from the NHW Careers page
- Completed applications, addressing the key selection criteria from the PD, should be emailed to email@example.com or hit apply now
Interviews will only be offered to shortlisted applicants. A referee assessment form will be sent to shortlisted applicants to have completed prior to interview (two clinical reference reports required). Interviews will be held at Northeast Health Wangaratta.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.