The Queensland Spinal Cord Injuries Services (QSCIS) in-reach Rehabilitation Team are looking for a Snr Staff Specialist / Staff Specialist to join their team. This role will work to provide advanced clinical care on a day-to-day basis to patients with new spinal cord injuries awaiting admission for specialist rehabilitation by the Queensland Spinal Cord Injuries Service (QSCIS). The team will in-reach into non-specialist units/wards to ensure the provision of appropriate care for patients with a spinal cord injury.
Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Temporary Part-time up to 0.4 FTE – 9 months
- Provide appropriate evidenced-based clinical care and provide and allow for adequate communication to all stakeholders along the patient’s continuum of care.
- Involve members of the multidisciplinary team in the assessment and provision of patient care in order to recognise the benefits and application of different discipline areas.
- Contribute to the establishment and fostering of relationships between the hospital and relevant community groups in order to provide information about the service and to ensure the continuum of care for the patient.
- Contribute to processes to improve the continuity of clinical care, coordination of services, clinical handover, and discharge planning during and after hospitalisation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development by attending relevant seminars and conferences to maintain up to date knowledge and practices and to maintain up to date college mandated requirements.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply by clicking here
or contact Assoc Prof Sridhar Atresh, 07 3176 5061
To apply for this job please visit smartjobs.qld.gov.au.