- Part time / Full time position available
- Salary Packaging – up to $15,900 tax free!
- Available now & 6th February 2023
MetroRehab is a 37 bed rehabilitation hospital centrally located in Petersham NSW, close to public transport and with access to off street parking.
We provide the highest level of patient care through dedicated staff experienced in all major rehabilitation specialties. Multidisciplinary care is delivered to patients according to individualised patient goals and needs. Our sole focus is helping our patients achieve a better quality of life through rehabilitation, and we are constantly looking at new ways to help improve patient outcomes.
With over 30 years experience in providing private rehabilitation services, we are dedicated to promoting the independence of our patients and development of our staff. If you strive for quality in delivering excellent patient care and would like to work as part of our rehabilitation team, apply today!
About the role…
Teaching affiliations with Sydney and Newcastle universities, Registrar duties involve the shared management of patients on the 37 bed rehabilitation ward well supported by 2 Registrars, five Rehabilitation Physicians, a Rheumatologist and a Geriatrician.
- Case mix : Stroke, neurological, orthopaedic , geriatric, cardiac and cancer rehabilitation
- On call is alternate Friday nights and there are some occasions where overtime is required on a Saturday to accommodate late admissions on Fridays.
- VMOs look after all ‘On Call’ requirements otherwise
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in all hospital activities.
- Communicate with the patient and their families about their rehabilitation and ongoing goals.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Medical Degree, and current registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate clinical experience to include at least 2 years
- Demonstrated relevant clinical practice at a high standard relevant to the years of experience
- Clinical experience in the management of orthopaedic, neurological and medical conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently utilising skills, judgment and expertise to provide a high standard of patient care to all persons admitted to the unit.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfil the full scope of clinical privileges advertised in the position
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with patients and their families, interdisciplinary team, internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Committed to the provision of person-centred care and excellent customer service
- Willingness to participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality activities to improve service delivery and patient care.
- Computer literate and ability to work in an expanding computerised environment
Trainees have a good opportunity to undertake a Research Module during this term and there is an excellent Teaching Program.
If you are interested in joining the team at MetroRehab, visit our website – www.metrorehab.com.au
We are committed to provide a safe environment for all our clients and team members. All appointments are made subject to:
- satisfactory Criminal Checks,
- working with children’s check (if applicable)
- immunisation status clearance, including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination.
In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with MetroRehab, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.
We are proud of our diverse and skilled team of passionate healthcare and support professionals committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. A career at MetroRehab is the opportunity to make a difference with a progressive and innovative organisation, built on a rich history of community care since 1899.
Interested Applicants please send Expressions Of Interest and Updated CV to:
To apply for this job please visit metrorehab.com.au .