Join the RMSANZ
HOW TO JOIN
The Administrative Officer
PO Box 637 North Sydney NSW 2059
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
We look forward to welcoming you as a new member of RMSANZ to participate in a stimulating, supportive and collegial society that is dedicated to promote the growth and welfare of Rehabilitation Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians in Australia and New Zealand.
Networking: Join a Branch or Special Interest Group of RMSANZ to network with colleagues and be involved in clinical and professional activities.
Members Online: The Members Area provides access to a look up mechanism for locating other members, the RMSANZ Constitution, information about previous presentations and meetings, newsletters, policy statements, links and other resources.
Professional Activity: You are joining with your professional colleagues to maintain a strong specialty, with appropriate recognition and benefits for all Rehabilitation Physicians and their patients.
Advocacy: The RMSANZ will be your professional advocate at a national level and can make submissions to various national government and other bodies on your behalf.
Discounts for RMSANZ meetings: Attend RMSANZ events, both social and professional including the Annual Scientific Meeting at a discounted rate.
The RMSANZ provides a targeted, responsive and dynamic professional association for all Rehabilitation Physicians and Trainees.
It is still necessary for Rehabilitation Physicians to belong to the RACP / AFRM.
MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. Ordinary Members: Rehabilitation Physicians with the qualification FAFRM are eligible for full membership to RMSANZ with full voting privileges.
2. Trainee Members: AFRM vocational trainees are also eligible for full membership to RMSANZ with full voting privileges.
3. Retired Members: AFRM Fellows and RMSANZ Members who have completely retired from active clinical practice are eligible for retired membership and they retain voting privileges.
4. Associate Members: The RMSANZ Board can resolve to admit to Associate Membership a registered Health Care Professional practicing in the field of Rehabilitation Medicine or in an associated field of Medicine or Health Care. Associate Members cannot vote at the General Meeting of the Society. Potential applicants should read the Rules for Associate Membership of RMSANZ (updated August 2017) before applying.
5. The RMSANZ Board can also admit to Honorary Membership a person who is of national or international eminence in Rehabilitation Medicine or who has rendered exceptional services to RMSANZ or to the science or practice of Rehabilitation Medicine.
MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR 2019/2020
Membership for AFRM Fellows is only $385 or $110 for Trainees (until 1 September 2019 then late fees apply).
Associate Members join for $200.
Retired AFRM Fellows join for free.
RMSANZ complies with national privacy legislation. Personal information which Members provide will only be used or disclosed by the Society in accordance with the National Privacy Principles for purposes directly related to membership of the Society including providing Members with information about Society meetings and activities. RMSANZ has the right to change the Policy at any time.